2015 CDA Press article



Lindsey was featured in the CDA Press for her musical accomplishments! Here is the part that was written about her:

Roylance, who has been competing in music since she was in the seventh grade, lettered all four years with the PFHS Troubadors varsity choir instructed by John Kracht.  
"That's almost unheard of for a girl; the last one graduated when I was a freshman," she said. "I feel honored to be in Troubadors for so long. It's well-known throughout the state. Mr. Kracht has helped me grow and has been there for me the whole time."
At the state contest, Roylance sang George Frideric Handel's "Ah! mio cor schernito sei!"
Roylance placed fourth at state during her freshman and junior years. 
"After they started to announce the winners, I didn't think I'd placed at all," she said. "So when they announced the winner, I was so happy and shocked. My dad got up and cheered and my whole family from Utah were there to watch me. I'd been trying so long to make it to the top and finally did it." 
About 30 students participated in the category at state.
Roylance made the all-state choir her freshman and sophomore years. She made the All-Northwest Choir as a sophomore and senior.
Roylance has performed in a choir at her church at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Post Falls. She also hopes to sing while attending Brigham Young University-Idaho in Rexburg. 
"I really want to continue to grow (with singing) whether it's through church, school or a career," she said. "It's not something that I want to part with." 
Roylance plans to major in family and marriage counseling.

No comments:

Post a Comment